R.I. State law requires proof of immunity for:
- Rubella (German Measles): Two (2) MMR shots required (or positive titer).
- Mumps: Two (2) MMR shots required (or positive titer).
- Rubeola: Two (2) MMR shots required (or positive titer).
- Tetanus, Diphtheria: A Tdap dose should be given once. A Td booster dose is required within the last ten years.
- Hepatitis B Series: Three (3) shots required (or positive titer).
- Meningitis: One (1) dose required if under 22 years old; A booster (2nd dose) required if you were vaccinated prior to your 16th birthday.
- Varicella: Two (2) shots required (or positive titer or a signed statement from your healthcare provider stating that you have a history of chickenpox).
If records cannot be obtained, the immunization is offered for the cost of the serum to any registered student who has paid the Health Services fee.
Vaccines Available at URI Health Services:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatits B
- Gardasil (HPV)
- Menactra (Meningitis)
Flu vaccine during flu season at no cost.
Tuberculosis Skin Test (PPD ) can also be performed at Health Services.
Please contact us for pricing for the above vaccines at 401-874-2246.
Note: Some programs/majors might have additional immunization requirements. Please check with your department.
Should you have any questions regarding immunizations, please contact our Immunization Office at 401-874-4612 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.