Dear New URI Student,
Welcome to the University of Rhode Island and URI Health Services! We know this is an exciting time with much to do, but we want to inform you of some actions you must take to fulfill URI Health Services requirements. All new full-time undergraduate and graduate students must complete the following by August 11, 2017. Failure to submit this required health information by the deadline will result in a sanction on your account and you will not be able to register for classes.
Please check your URI email (your “my.uri.edu email”) for communication from URI Health Services throughout the summer. We will send you an email if you are not compliant with the requirements. If you have further questions, call Health Services at 401-874-2246.
Please complete the following steps:
- Go to health.uri.edu and click on the Patient Portal menu tab.
- Click on “Sign Up” if you have not previously registered for the patient portal
- Enter a User Name (we suggest you use your URI Student ID # – your “100” #)
- Enter your University ID – this is your URI Student ID # or “100” # again
- Enter your date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
- Click submit
- You will be prompted to create a password that is at least 6 characters in length and contains at least one capital letter and one number.
** If you receive a message stating the username is already in use, click on the “Forgot Password” link. Type in the email address that URI has on record for you (most likely your my.uri.edu email address unless you have changed it). An email will be sent to that email account. Please click the first link in the email and follow the instructions. If you need assistance accessing your URI email, click here.
- Obtain a copy of your immunization record from your medical provider or previous educational institution. You can also download the URI Immunization Record from the patient portal and have your medical provider complete it.
- Click the Immunizations tab in the patient portal.
- Enter the dates that you received the following REQUIRED vaccines:
- Hepatitis B (3 shots)
- Meningitis (MCV4) (date must be within last 5 years) NOT Serogroup B
- MMR (2 shots – Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Tdap (1 shot)
- Td (Tetanus – recommended if Tdap or last Td was given more than 10 years ago)
- Varicella (2 shots – Chickenpox) – If history of disease, put the date under Alternate to Required section
Click on the Upload tab in the patient portal and upload a scanned copy of the following forms or take a photo from your mobile device and upload the photo to the patient portal:
Click on the Forms tab in the patient portal and complete the following online forms:
- TB Screening Form (if you answer Yes to any of the questions, you must take the TB Risk Assessment Form to your medical provider, have it completed and upload it under the Upload section)
- Health History for Newly Matriculating Students
- Student and Emergency Contact Form
After following the steps above, use the New Student To Do List to ensure you have completed all Health Services requirements. Thank you.