R.I. State law requires proof of immunity for:
- Rubella (German Measles): Two (2) MMR shots required (or positive titer).
- Mumps: Two (2) MMR shots required (or positive titer).
- Rubeola (Measles): Two (2) MMR shots required (or positive titer).
- Tdap: One (1) dose of Tdap required in lifetime (not to be confused with childhood DTaP vaccine).
- Tetanus, Diphtheria (Td): A Td booster dose is recommended within the last ten years.
- Hepatitis B Series: Three (3) shots required (or positive titer).
- Meningitis (MCV4): One (1) dose required within the last five (5) years if under 22 years old.
- Varicella (Chickenpox): Two (2) shots required (or positive titer or a signed statement from your healthcare provider stating that you have a history of chickenpox after 12 months of age).
Vaccines Available at URI Health Services:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatits B
- Gardasil (HPV)
- Menactra (Meningitis)
- Meningitis B (Bexsero and Trumenba)
- Tdap/Td (Tetanus)
Flu vaccine during flu season at no cost.
Tuberculosis Skin Test (PPD ) can also be performed at Health Services.
Please contact us for pricing for available vaccines at 401-874-2246.
Note: Some programs/majors might have additional immunization requirements. Please check with your Academic or Dean’s office for details.
Should you have any questions regarding immunizations, please contact our Immunization Office at 401-874-4612 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.